Dates for 2021
NJHAHA II- MAY 15-17, 2021
GR845 EQUINE VACCINATION RULE:
1. All Federation licensed competitions; horses entering the grounds must be accompanied by documentation of Equine Influenza Virus and Equine Herpes Virus(Rhinopneumonitis) vaccinations within six months prior to entering the stables. Horses not in compliance with this rule may be required to leave the competition grounds upon request by Competition Management. Documentation should consist of one of the following methods mentioned below. The frequency of vaccine administration should be per the vaccine manufacturer or veterinarian’s recommendations. It is recommended that vaccines are administered by or under the direction of a veterinarian.
2. In the case of vaccines administered by a veterinarian, the exhibitor, upon request by Competition Management, must provide documentation from the veterinarian on documenting that the horse in question received the vaccination; name of the vaccines and date of vaccine administration.
3. In the case of vaccines administered by a person other than a veterinarian, the exhibitor upon request of Competition Management, must provide a receipt of the vaccine purchase which is signed by the owner, or agent with care, custody, and control of the horse; name serial number and expiration date of the vaccine; and date of vaccine administration.
4. In the case of a horse that is unable to receive either of the vaccinations due to a history of adverse reactions, the exhibitor, upon request by Competition Management, must provide a letter from the veterinarian on official letterhead stating that the horse in question cannot be vaccinated due to medical concerns and a log of temperatures taken twice daily for the seven days prior to entering the competition grounds. These horses must also have their temperatures taken and logged twice daily while on the competition grounds. The log of temperatures should be provided to the Competition Management, steward or technical delegate when requested.
5. Competition Management may not amend or enhance vaccination requirements without prior approval of veterinary Committee.
THE NJHAHA II SHOW IS HELD AT THE HORSE PARK OF NEW JERSEY, 626 ROUTE 524 ALLENTOWN-CLARKSBURG ROAD, ALLENTOWN, NEW JERSEY 08501 609-259-0170, conventlly located off of the New Jersey turnpike and I-195 just follow the signs for The Horse Park of New Jersey
USEF NON-MEMBER WHO WISHES TO PARTICIPATE AS A RIDER, DRIVER, OWNER, LEASEE ETC MUST PAY A SHOW PASS FOR EVERY COMPETITION IN WHICH COMPETING. NON MEMBERS MUST PAY A SHOW PASS FEE OF $45. (only active USEF members may compete as Amateurs)
Exhibitors please take note: It is very important when you renew or join AHA/USEF/USDF that you use the same name on all memberships. i.e. Jane O Doe. All AHA riders/drivers/owners/handlers entering a show must have a competition card (it must say Competition on the card or pay a Single Event Membership fee of $35) AHA members when entering a show make sure enter with your name exactly as it appears on your AHA membership card, i.e Elizabeth Jane Doe not Beth Doe.
Make reservations early. There are several events in the area and rooms will go fast.
Hampton Inn: 153 W Manor Way, Robbinnsville, NJ 08691, 609-259-0300, has reserved a block of rooms at the rate of $119 plus tax. For the May show and reserved by 4/14/2021.
Please state NJHAHA Arabian Horse Show for the discounted rate.
Quality Inn 351 Franklin St., E. Windsor, NJ 609-448-7399
Hampton Inn Bordentown NJ 609-298-4000
The Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton NJ 609-585-6789
Peacefields Inn Bed & Breakfast Allentown
Days Inn E. Windsor 609-448-3200